Problems with emerging and existing electrical components aren’t always visible to the human eye, even if the individual that is conducting the testing is an expert in the field of electrical engineering or electric equipment. It is very important to make sure that electrical equipment stays functioning properly so that you avoid equipment failure, business interruptions and even fire. Problems with electrical components can occur in noticeable ways, but they can also occur in such subtle ways that even routine inspections would not notice them. This is where Infrared Load Testing comes into play and offers the peace of mind you and your business desire.
Infrared Load Testing makes sure that every part of your electrical equipment is highly functioning and in optimal working condition. If electronics fail, a lot could be at stake if you own a business or facility that utilizes electronic equipment.
Infrared testing is also known as an electrical systems survey. This process will enable us to find and address issues before they become unmanageable. If an issue arises that goes unnoticed, it could cost you and your company an astronomical amount of money to replace electrical equipment that is necessary for your business to function. Skipping an infrared load test could be an expensive decision if your electrical equipment begins to malfunction or develop problems that are not easy to notice.
Schaffhouser’s electrical systems survey is a great option and includes testing the following equipment:
- Substations, transformers and feeder poles
- Distribution panels and disconnects
- Electrical power supplies
- Main electrical incoming services, transformers and capacitor banks
- Switchboards and disconnects
- Motor Control Centers
- Service electrical controls and transfer switches
- Main I-Line electrical panels
- Lighting and receptacle panels
It is important to know why you and your business should consider Infrared Load Testing. A survey scan of your electrical equipment serves many purposes:
- Locate electrical systems problems
- Reduce downtime and electrical equipment damage
- Prevent catastrophic system failures
- Allow engineers and facility managers to prioritize repairs
- Avoid costly system shutdowns
Infrared Load Testing speeds up the inspection process of crucial issues and detects problems that would normally go unnoticed. As opposed to a traditional inspection, Infrared Load Testing is most likely to prevent serious issues and damage. Early detection of issues is the key to saving money and time. Call Schaffhouser Electric Company today to see how we can keep your equipment working in pristine condition!